A passion for Packaging
No.1 French Group in Europe & Africa, specialists in corrugated cardboard packaging
The Rossmann Group, with its 20 branches throughout Europe and Africa, has a strategy based on International Synergy and Close Relationships with its clients.
- Activities :
- Manufacturing of paper for corrugated (PPO)
- Manufacturing of corrugated cardboard
- Processing of corrugated cardboard boxes
- Storage and logistics
- History :
- 1888 France’s first corrugated cardboard factory established in Exideuil.
- 1922 Lucien Rossmann establishes a flat cardboard factory in Strasbourg.
- 1938 The company starts manufacturing corrugated cardboard at the Sainte Croix aux Mines site in France.
- 1958 Corrugated cardboard factory established in La Vancelle, France. Sainte Croix site starts specialising in paper manufacturing.
- 1964 Bernard Rossmann joins the family business and becomes company chairman in 1970.
- 1979 Rossmann SAS takes control of Sofpo, a corrugated cardboard factory in Exideuil.
- 1985 Bernard Rossmann becomes Chairman of the Charfa Group.
He acquires control of the Corrugated Cardboard sector including the companies Celta, Sical and Valscius in 1988.
The Rossmann Group begins its international expansion:
- Sonaco (Côte d'Ivoire) taken over in 1986
- Sonaceb (Burkina Faso) created in 1987
- Romcarton (Romania) taken over in 1990
- Ambro (Romania) taken over in 1996
- Rawibox (Poland) taken over in 1997
- Kadem (Spain) taken over in 1997
- Servibox (Belgium) created in 1997
- Sical floated on unlisted securities market in 1998
- Sonapack (Ghana) created in 2007
- Today, the Rossmann Group is the Largest French Manufacturer of Corrugated Cardboard in Europe and Africa.